1. The import value of vapes in the United States in June 2023 was US$68.96 million, a month-on-month decrease of 21.4% from May, and a year-on-year increase of 8.99% from June last year; the number of imports was 46.607 million, a year-on-year increase of 108.81%, and a month-on-month increase of 17.55%. .
2. Data released by the British Office for National Statistics show that among women aged 16 to 24, the proportion of daily use of vapeswill increase to 6.7% in 2022, a significant increase from 1.9% in 2021.
3. Philip Morris International (PMI) announced a new round of investment of US$130 million in its Otopeni factory in Romania to increase the factory’s production capacity and transform the factory from a cigarette production plant to a smoke-free alternative product production line.
4. Scotland’s First Minister Humza Youssef said that the Scottish government will launch a consultation on banning disposable vapes and proposed this content when outlining its top priorities for the coming year.
5. West Chester County, New York State, USA, has strengthened its crackdown on illegal vapesand conducted more than 70 inspections in two months, covering various licensing agencies in the county.
6. The Cambridge School District in the UK received a subsidy of 100,000 pounds to educate students, teachers, parents, etc. on the dangers of vapes.