1. The IECIE Vape Show Jakarta 2023 in Indonesia was launched today, and well-known companies such as ICCPP, RELX, HQD, ELUX, ALD, MOTI, and HOSTO Logistics participated in the exhibition.
2. Altria’s net income in the first half of 2023 was US$12.23 billion, a year-on-year decrease of 1.7%. Among them, the net income of oral tobacco products increased by 2.3%, and the shipment of nicotine pouches increased by more than 40%, reaching 55 million cans.
3. In Russia, sales of cigarettes, heat-not-burn products, tobacco sticks and vape productshave all declined in the past year. Among them, the average price of heat-not-burn products dropped to 990 rubles, and sales fell by 1%; the average price of tobacco rods rose to 204 rubles, and sales fell by 1%; the average price of disposable electronic cigarettes rose to 989 rubles, and sales down 16%.
4. The President of Ukraine recently signed Bill No. 8287, which will start to levy electronic excise taxes on vape productsand other tobacco products (including e-liquid) from January 1, 2026.
5. Japan Tobacco (JTI) plans to invest $80 million in a new tobacco processing plant in Almaty, Kazakhstan. The factory is expected to increase JTI’s cigarette production by about 20%.