1. Recently, listed companies with vape business have successively disclosed their first-half performance. The financial report data of these companies in the first half of 2023 has attracted widespread attention in the vape industry, especially according to various financial reports, there are large differences in the growth rates between different vape companies.
2. British American Tobacco (BAT) announced the sale of its operations in Russia and Belarus, but the related trademarks will continue to be retained.
3. Brian King, director of the FDA’s Center for Tobacco Products (CTP), said that vapesand other harm-reduced products are safer than combustible cigarettes. At the same time, it also stated that it will continue to enforce laws on the retail side and focus its enforcement resources on products that have not submitted PMTA.
4. The manufacturer Pastel Cartel filed a legal complaint in the U.S. Federal District Court for the Western District of Texas. Pastel Cartel accused the FDA of rejecting its PMTA due to technical reasons and acting negligently and carelessly.
5. After the French Prime Minister announced plans to ban the sale of disposable vapes, the general view among vape shops in Paris, France, is that a ban on disposable vapeswill not have a significant impact on their business.
6. Research by Material Focus, a British recycling movement organization, found that five million disposable vapes are discarded in the UK every week, a fourfold increase from last year.
7. Total marijuana sales in Massachusetts hit $5 billion, while the state set consecutive monthly sales records and last year generated more tax revenue from marijuana than alcohol.